Unit 2 Summer 2 Newsletter
'The Good Life'
This half term’s Learning Experience is called ‘The Good Life’. The children have been set a challenge from Riverford Farm to grow their own plants and vegetables and to create a display board of their learning. This will be shared with you at our outcome on Thursday 18th July. The learning is mainly Science based, including gaining an understanding of what plants need to grow well, where vegetables come from and the need for a healthy and balanced diet. Our writing will focus on instructions/following and making a simple recipe. Each class will visit Riverford Farm to extend their learning (more details to follow).
Home Learning Choices (complete at least one task before Friday 12th July):
- Poster – To show what plants need to grow well.
- Poster – To show journey of a vegetable from farm to fork
- Poster – How do we keep healthy?
- Healthy diet / plate to show different food groups
- Grow own plant or vegetable for food market (Thursday 18th July)
- Follow a recipe to make a healthy food (evidence with photos)
Other Home Learning:
Reading and book discussion – At least 4 times per week.
Maths – Weekly ‘My Maths’ tasks, Sumdog maths games, and Times Tables Rockstars.
Spelling – Continue to work through your spelling activity booklet.
Music: Body percussion
RE: Jewish Celebrations Continued
Spanish: Food and Drink Continued
If you have any queries please feel free to come and chat to us after school.