Foundation Stage Weekly Newsletter
Puffins and Penguins Weekly Newsletter
Dear Parents and Carers,
We have had another busy and exciting week learning about all things under the sea. We even went swimming for the first time in our school pool. Well done to all of the Puffins and Penguins, they showed great determination and independence as well as being just a little bit excited!
We are lucky enough to be continuing our learning about sea life next week with a very exciting school trip to the Aquarium in Plymouth next Thursday. Children should arrive for school in the usual way, dressed in school uniform. Please could children bring a packed lunch and drink in a disposable bag, no lunch boxes. They will not need to bring anything else to school on that day.
Very Important Reminder:
Please put sun cream on your children in the morning before school, bring in sun hats and rain coats as the weather changes so rapidly throughout the day. It is most important that your child has a named drinks bottle everyday.
Please ensure your child has the correct uniform each day:
- V necked burgundy jumper/cardigan with the Preston Primary logo (available from Riviera Schooldays)
- Preston school tie (available from Riviera Schooldays)
- Book bag (available from Riviera Schooldays)
- Grey trousers/shorts/skirt/pinafore dress
- White shirt/blouse
- Grey/black socks for boys
- Grey/white socks or grey tights for girls
- Black shoes
- Burgundy/red gingham dress for the summer term
- Wellies (for woodland camp etc)
- Labelled water bottle
- PE kit; plain white t-shirt/polo shirt, navy blue shorts or skirt, plimsolls/trainers, PE bag.
Ideas for supporting your child’s learning at home this week.
- Use the internet to research creatures that live ‘under the sea’
- Solving simple subtractions e.g. If I had 16 raisins and I ate 5 how many are left?
- How far can you count to in 1s? Can you count in 2s or 10s?
Foundation Stage Team